The ECO1003 A photoelectric smoke detector belongs to System Sensor’s ECO1000 range of detectors. ECO1000 is a range of conventional detectors, which have been produced using the latest in manufacturing technology and supplied with an array of advanced features, making them ‘better by design’.
The ECO1003 A photoelectric smoke detector uses a state of the art optical chamber combined with an application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) to provide quick and accurate detection of fires. A combination of the unique chamber design and other technically advanced features will significantly extend the service intervals before cleaning of the detector becomes necessary.
A laser-based hand held Remote Test Unit can be used in conjunction with the range of ECO1000 detectors for alarm test purposes. The unit transmits a coded message, preventing spurious alarms being generated by other laser-based devices. With a range of several metres, the hand held test unit provides a fast and simple way of remotely alarm testing the range of ECO1000 detectors and removes the need for any direct physical access to the detector by the user.
The ECO1003 A detector has an integral LED, which illuminates to provide a local alarm signal. This latches on, and remains illuminated until the detector is reset by a momentary power interruption. An optional remote LED annunciator may be used to repeat any alarm signal.
A variety of detector bases can be used with the ECO1003 A detector, providing application flexibility and compatibility with a wide range of Fire Alarm Control Panels. All bases are fitted with a shorting spring to permit circuit testing prior to fitting the detector and have a tamper resistant feature, which when activated prevents removal of the detector without the use of a tool.
• Low profile design
• Low current draw
• Automatic drift compensation
• Operates on 12 and 24VDC Systems
• Remote alarm test feature
• Easy Maintenance
• Range of detector bases available
• Remote LED Option
• Approved to EN54 – 7:2000 (Amendment 1)
• Approved to MED 96/98/EC (Amendment 2009/26/EC)
• Extended warranty
• Operating Voltage Range: 8 to 30VDC (Nominal 12/24VDC)
• Maximum Standby Current @25°C: 60µA @ 24VDC
• Maximum Permissible Alarm Current: 80mA (current limited by control panel)
• Application Temperature Range: -30°C to 70°C
• Humidity: 5% to 95% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
• Wire Gauge for Terminals: 0.4mm2 to 2.0mm2