A14 Bionic rockets past every other smartphone chip. The Pro camera system takes low-light photography to the next level — with an even bigger jump on iPhone 12 Pro Max. And Ceramic Shield delivers four times better drop performance.
- Less bezel, more screen.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- 6.7″ Super Retina XDR display
- Kicks glass: Ceramic Shield, tougher than any smartphone glass
- Surgical-grade, stainless steel
- Blows other phones out of the water.
- Industry‑leading IP68 water resistance
- Four finishing touches.
A14 Bionic is the first 5-nanometre chip in the industry, with advanced components literally atoms wide. Forty per cent more transistors rev up speeds while increasing efficiency for great battery life. And a new ISP powers Dolby Vision recording — something no pro movie camera.
Up to 50% faster: CPU and GPU than any other smartphone chip
11.8 billion transistors
First 5nmchip in the industry
Up to 80%: faster Neural Engine
16-core: Neural Engine
Up to 70%: faster machine learning accelerators
- Scans the surface of Mars. And now your living room.NASA is using LiDAR technology for its next Mars landing. iPhone 12 Pro Max uses a LiDAR Scanner to measure how long it takes light to reflect back from objects. So it can create a depth map of whatever space you’re in. Because it’s ultra-fast and accurate, AR apps can now transform a room into a realistic rainforest or show you how a new sneaker will fit.
- The technology used for NASA Mars landing
- A depth map in nanoseconds
Pro camera system:
- A new day for Night mode.
- Night mode comes to both the Wide and Ultra Wide cameras and is better than ever at capturing incredible low-light shots. LiDAR makes Night mode portraits possible. And the Wide camera lets in 27 per cent more light for greater detail and sharper focus day or night.
- Wide camera with ƒ/1.6 aperture captures 27% more light
- New 7‑element Wide lens for edge‑to‑edge sharpness
- New OIS makes 5,000 adjustments per second
- LiDAR delivers up to 6x faster autofocus in low light
- 87% better low‑light photos
- 5x optical zoom range
iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- The bigger iPhone maxes out the Pro camera system. A 47 per cent larger sensor and larger pixels dramatically increase the amount of light gathered on the Wide camera. A new OIS stabilizes the sensor instead of the lens so your shots are steady — even when you’re not. And the new 65 mm Telephoto camera lets you zoom in tighter on portraits.
- 87% better low‑light photos
- Bigger 1.7μm pixels
- New sensor-shift optical image stabilisation
Portraits that come out at night:
- Night mode portraits on the Wide camera give you vivid colour as well as beautiful bokeh that accentuates lit buildings and street lights — any background lights.
- Even with a single small light source, LiDAR and our A14 Bionic can render every pattern and texture in the foreground along with realistic colour throughout the room.
- Deep Fusionkicks in for low- to mid‑light scenes. The Neural Engine analyses multiple exposures pixels by pixel to bring out unprecedented detail in the magnifying glass, the woman and the wall.
Portrait mode, fine-tuned:
- Even better at separating the subject from the background. And creative controls let you adjust the background blur and light on faces.
- Smart HDR 3 automatically refines highlights, shadows and contours. Even at midday, you can see detail in her face and shadows that graduate all the way to true black.
- Smart HDR 3 captures every bit of golden hour magic, pulling out all the texture in the rock while staying true to the subtle blues of the sky.
- Smart HDR 3 dials in the white balance and the seafoam holds its shape and definition despite all the motion.
A snapshot of each camera:
iPhone 12 Pro Max
- 26 mm focal length
- 1.7 µm pixels
- ƒ/1.6 aperture
- 100% Focus Pixels
- 7-element lens
Apple ProRAW: Apple ProRAW gives you all the standard RAW information, along with the Apple image pipeline data. So you can get a head start on editing — with noise reduction and multi-frame exposure adjustments already in place — and have more time to tweak colour and white balance.
Dolby Vision recording:
- 60 times more colours. Infinitely more spectacular.
- AirPlay streams your 4K Dolby Vision video to Apple TV and smart TVs.
- TrueDepth camera : It’s never too late to take another Night mode selfie.
- 6.7″ OLED display
- 458ppi at a resolution of 2778×1284
- Processor: Apple 1.8Ghz 6-Core A14 Bionic
- Memory: 6GB