The QNAP TVS-871U-RP, featuring the easy-to-use QTS operating system, provides a reliable and scalable NAS solution to fulfill data backup, file synchronization and remote access. The TVS-871U-RP delivers exceptional performance, and supports cross-platform file sharing, comprehensive backup solutions, iSCSI and virtualization applications, and many practical business functions, making it the ideal choice for SMBs to secure important business data. It also includes abundant multimedia applications backed by its powerful hardware specifications.
Internal cache port for IO acceleration
The TVS-871U-RP supports two on-board internal cache ports. By installing mSATA flash modules (optional purchase), the IOPS performance of storage volumes can be remarkably boosted. It is perfect for improving the overall workflow of random IOPS demanding applications such as databases and virtualization. The internal cache port design does not require the space of a hard drive tray to allow for more storage capacity.
Flexible 10GbE network expandability
The TVS-871U-RP offers four inbuilt Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports 10 Gigabit high speed networks by installing a 10GbE network adapter. The 10GbE-ready TVS-871U-RP delivers lightning-fast data throughput and coupled with the support for a large storage capacity is perfect for data centers to store big data, excel in fast data transmission, and for editing large size videos on-the-fly without transferring the videos between the TVS-871U-RP and desktop computers.
Seamless capacity expansion
The TVS-871U-RP supports online capacity expansion by cascading multiple QNAP RAID expansion enclosures to meet the needs of growing business data. With the QNAP scale-up solution, raw storage capacity can be gradually expanded on demand. It is especially useful for video surveillance, data archiving, TV broadcast storage, and other large-data applications.
QRM+: Centralized management solution for networked computing devices
QRM+ is QNAP’s Centralized Management Solution, designed for IT teams, for networked computing devices. It provides a single-point solution to discover, map, monitor and manage all of the critical computing devices (including servers, PCs, and thin clients) in your network, and facilitates device discovery with the graphical topology diagram. QRM+ supports IPMI 2.0, provides remote KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) for certain IPMI devices, and supports tracking every action using KVM recording and playback. Simply install QRMAgent on your Windows® and Linux® devices and you will see their system status on the QRM+ management interface. With centralized management using QRM+ on the TVS-871U-RP, IT infrastructure and device security is enhanced while troubleshooting and network resource performance analysis is greatly simplified.
Well-rounded backup solutions to secure data
The QNAP NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup on Windows including Outlook email archiving. Apple Time Machine is also supported to provide Mac OS X users with a solution to effortlessly back up data to the TVS-871U-RP.
Storage for comprehensive virtualization applications
The TVS-871U-RP supports VMware® and Citrix®, and is compatible with Microsoft® Hyper-V™ and Windows Server 2012, benefiting flexible deployment and management in the virtualization environments. The TVS-871U-RP supports VMware VAAI and Microsoft ODX to increase performance by offloading server loading for ESXi server and Hyper-V respectively, and supports QNAP vSphere Client plug-in and QNAP SMI-S provider with enhanced operational efficiency and management in virtualization applications.
Additional SMB-ready features
The TVS-871U-RP supports various business applications as an all-in-one Turbo NAS with cost-efficiency.
• 3,300+ MB/s throughput and 172,000+ IOPS
• Two internal cache ports for IO acceleration
• Virtualization-ready, centralized data storage, backup, sharing and disaster recovery
• CPU: TVS-871U-RP-i3-4G: Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3-4150 3.5 GHz Processor
• DRAM: System memory: 4 GB DDR3 RAM, Memory module pre-installed: 2 GB x2, Total memory slots: 4, Memory expandable up to: 32 GB (8GB x4), Note: When upgrading RAM to more than 20GB, the original 2GB RAM modules must be removed.
• Flash Memory: 512MB DOM
• Internal Cache Port: Two mSATA port on board for read caching
• Hard Drive: 8 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or 2.5-inch SATA, SSD hard drive
• Hard Disk Tray: 8 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
• LAN Port: 4 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
• LED Indicators: Status, 10 GbE, LAN, storage expansion port status
• USB/eSATA: 4x USB 3.0 port (rear), 4x USB 2.0 port (rear), Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc. .
• HDMI: 1
• Buttons: System: Power button and reset button
• Alarm Buzzer: System warning
• Form Factor: 2U, Rackmount
• Power Consumption (W): HDD Standby: TVS-871U-RP-i3-4G: 69.35, In Operation: TVS-871U-RP-i3-4G: 128.72
• Sound Level: Sound pressure (LpAm): 41.9 dB(A)
• Temperature: 0~40˚C
• Relative Humidity: 5~95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C.
• PCIe Slot: 2 (1* PCIe Gen3 x8, 1* PCIe Gen3 x4)
• Fan: 3 x 7 cm smart cooling fan